Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2023

Heading Home - A New Project

 



At one point during the pandemic I´ve reached out to a therapist. Not because I was so devastated but because I was afraid to loose my new found inner peace once we are allowed to get back to "normal life" again. 
Our introducing chat was the first and only chat we had ...
Though she supported me with two important answers, which I will forever treasure in my heart:

1. "I am sorry, I can´t help you ... (shock!) ... you are at a point in your life where I would like to see all of my clients one day." 
2. "I would like you to inspire others by talking about your experiences. I could see you writing a book or a blog. Share your experiences with the world!" 

I left this introducing chat with tears streaming down my face. This wonderful therapist did so much for me - without even scheduling therapy sessions with her. 
Telling me I am at a perfect point in life did the magic for me. Not because I felt like I am better than others - I am definitely not! - but because she indirectly told me I did well so far and I am on the right path.
Though the mindblowing thing was: She didn´t know anything about me, except what I was telling her in this interview. So how, for Heaven´s sake, was she able to nail it as she did? How did she know that writing was my passion since I was a teenager?

As writing a book is a really hard job and I am afraid I am not disciplined enough to get through with it, I focused on the writing I loved to do. Writing diary and journaling is something I do since I was 16 years old. Reflecting and mulling things through by myself in a written way always helps me getting a much clearer picture of the situation. Sometimes - at the best - I find my solutions during writing. Also by regular writing I detected patterns in my life which I was able to solve by simply being aware of them. The process of writing is incredibly exciting and helpful. 
It´s also something I´ve always been good at. I wish I could paint or draw roughly like that. Because sitting somewhere comfy and being creative is something I really love to do. It´s healing and it´s calming. But unfortunately those skills were not given to me. I best express myself through writing.

Writing down and sharing my experiences seems a logical conclusion, right?
Well, it´s harder than you think. Because in my journal I do not have to explain the background stories. When I reflect on my life I already know my whole background story. I know what has happened before that and what brought me to that point or into that situation I want to reflect on. 
So many facts would be important to tell the story right. Everything is connected, every detail plays an imporant role in what is going on. To know why I react, feel or think in a certain way somebody needs to know what made me do so. But that´s not possible. In fact that is exactly the reason why I struggle in my creative writing process ... because I get bogged down by trying to explain everything as accurate as possible.   

So, here is the thing.
I want to get something new started! I want to dig into a new way of sharing my experiences. I want to SHARE EXPERIENCES. Means, I want to interact with people. I would love to read about your experiences as well. I would love us to discuss topics. I would love to answer questions and ask questions. I want this to become an active space for all of us! I would love to communicate with you! 
Why?
Because I truely believe that an honest reflection on what is going on not only helps ourselves but can inspire others. We all learned from different sources, we all have a pool of information ready to our use. So why not sharing this with others?

Heading Home - is the title I chose for this new project.

In fact this already is the title of my blog on Facebook for quite a while. I would love to combine those two spaces. For spontaneous posts (on Facebook) and more detailed blogs (here on blogger.com). 

I would love to invite you to join and to support this new project. Please share your thoughts, ask questions, propose topics to reflect on ... and please do share this space with likeminded people who might be interested in a space like that.

So, what are you signing up to?

Heading Home - for a long time meant for me to learn my lessons, healing my traumas - to grow and to move forward - to head home to the place we were coming from. This place from where we´ve started our journey and to where we will come home once our mission is completed in this life.
But recently I discovered that Heading Home means so much more.
Are we not all searching for this feeling of being at home?
At home. Where we feel safe. Where we feel loved. Where we feel taken care of. Where we are allowed to be ourselves - with all our flaws and edges. 
Home can be a geographical place. It can be family, friends, our soulmate. But it also can be a state of mental freedom and happiness. 

So, Heading Home is not only this over all demand also called The Journey of Life. Heading Home is being in search of this "place" where we feel safe, loved, free and happy. 

Unconsciously I have been on that search for most of my life. It improved a lot when I got an idea of what I am searching for. Which means I had and I still have to ask many, many questions. Uncountable times I had to change directions and believes. 
My advantage from today´s point of view is what I´ve always thought is my biggest weakness: me being a Highly Sensitive Person. 
My real strength is what I was criticized most for: looking for answers inwardly instead of in the ouside, dealing with the real serious stuff by myself instead of reaching out for help.
My best tools in the shed are: always staying curious, backing myself up even when the whole world is laughing about me, being openminded and ready to get inspired from different directions. 

Right now I am at a very important turning point in my life. My persistence is paying off. I´ve gathered information from a huge pool of wisdom over the years and I still keep collecting wisdom from different sources. Right now I am not only recognizing the connections between it all I´ve also found out that the right information is always presented exactly at the right time, always in the right language we are able to understand best.  

That´s why this actual period in my life is so exciting. 
It changed from struggling to learn the important lessons to enjoying to receive the important messages for Life in a much pleasant way. Feeling supported and rewarded instead of challenged and examined.

And for it all there is only one right way to do it!
--- Do it your way! --- 

Be open for everything that comes your way. Get inspired by a lot. Sort through all the information you receive and choose wisely what suits you best. Learn to detect the lesson behind everything. Be grateful for it all. 

With that said I want to start my new project.
I would love to share my experiences with you.
I would love to hear back from you! Either here on blogger.com or over there on Facebook. 
In hope of inspiring you with my stories - inspire you to find your own way to Head Home.
In hope for you to inspire me with your stories.

Thank you! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Do we pay enough attention to our heart wishes?

I´ve arrived in a new time zone, at a new level in my life.  And I have to say this is exciting and relaxing at the same time. I wish I coul...